5 Unique Ideas to Honor Your Loved One’s Cremated Remains
When a person passes away and makes the decision to be cremated, their loved ones are presented with a number of options to pay tribute to their memory. Two of these opportunities are to either keep the ashes close to them or to scatter them. In order to pay respect to the memories of the person who has passed away, a funeral ceremony typically includes a number of personal touches. However, some families opt for direct cremation, in which the deceased person’s body is burned without a viewing or a funeral service being held in their honor. We at cremation services near Charleston, IL offer dignified services such as cremation.
Now, in this case, the manner in which members of the family decide to keep, scatter, or use the ashes to create one-of-a-kind keepsakes may take on a deep meaning. In the case of a person who led an artistic or exciting life, loved ones, and family members may choose to find a method to memorialize the deceased in a way that is reflective of their character. The following is the list of unique ways to honor your loved one’s cremains:
- Make a candle urn. You can keep the ashes of a loved one close to you while saving money by purchasing a candle urn. The urn features a compartment in which a wax or tea light can be placed, allowing you to memorialize a loved one in a touching way even after they have passed away.
- Put your loved one’s ashes in a piece of unique jewelry. Ashes are sometimes pressed into diamonds, but they can also be utilized in jewelry such as keychains, rings, pendants, and bracelets.
- Make a piece of art out of ashes. A painting can be made using ashes as the medium. Ashes can be weaved into suncatchers or injected into glass pieces to create interesting designs.
- Release ashes into space. If the thought of space travel or scattering the ashes of a loved one on the moon so that they might be among the stars seems appropriate, there is a way to do it! There are businesses that are dedicated to sending specific urns into orbit.
- Release cremated remains into the sea slowly. An ocean burial urn is a useful container to have if the deceased person’s ashes are to be dispersed at sea after their death. These urns have a mechanism that allows the ashes to be scattered in the water in a more dignified manner over the course of a brief ceremony. Loss is never easy, but learning about the normal, necessary process of grief and mourning can help.
- Scatter to the skies. If space is too far, do not worry, ashes can be scattered through the air. During flights, pilots who have completed the necessary training can release ashes into the air, allowing the ashes to scatter in a peaceful way high above the clouds.
Do you have more questions or want additional details about cremation? Don’t hesitate to reach us at our cremation services near Charleston, IL. We’ll be there for you.