Cremation is becoming an increasingly popular option for those who have passed away. One of the benefits of cremation is that it provides families with a wide range of options when it comes to memorializing their loved ones. Our cremation services near Mattoon, IL will also allow you to choose from the types of cremation memorials. But for now, get to know first some of the most common types of cremation memorials:
- Urns. The most common type of cremation memorial is an urn. Urns come in many different shapes, sizes, and materials, from simple wooden boxes to elaborately designed metal sculptures. Urns can be placed in a special place in the home, buried, or scattered in a location that was meaningful to the deceased.
- Cremation. Jewelry Cremation jewelry is a unique way to memorialize a loved one. These pieces of jewelry are designed to hold a small number of ashes or a lock of hair. Cremation jewelry can be worn every day, allowing the wearer to keep their loved one close to them at all times.
- Cremation Diamonds. For those who want a truly unique memorial, cremation diamonds are an option. These diamonds are created using the carbon from the ashes of the deceased. They can be used to create a piece of jewelry or kept as a standalone diamond.
- Cremation Memorials. Cremation memorials are often used to create a permanent place for remembrance. These memorials can take many forms, from simple plaques to elaborate sculptures. They can be placed in cemeteries, parks, or other public spaces.
- Biodegradable Urns. For those who want to have their ashes scattered, biodegradable urns are a popular option. These urns are designed to decompose naturally, leaving behind only the ashes. They can be used for scattering at sea or in a special location that was meaningful to the deceased.
- Columbarium. A columbarium is a structure that is designed to hold cremation urns. It can be a standalone structure or a part of a larger memorial complex. Columbariums can be found in cemeteries, churches, and other public spaces.
- Cremation Garden. A cremation garden is a dedicated space for the scattering of ashes. It is often a peaceful, serene space that is designed to provide a place for reflection and remembrance.
Indeed, cremation provides families with a wide range of options when it comes to memorializing their loved ones. From urns and cremation jewelry to biodegradable urns and cremation diamonds, there is a memorial option to fit every family’s needs and preferences. Whatever option you choose, it’s important to remember that the memorial is a way to honor and remember your loved one, and to find comfort in the memories you shared.
Our cremation services near Mattoon, IL wants to help you not just in choosing the best type of cremation memorials but also with other services that we offer. If you have more question to raise or wants additional details, feel free to reach out or visit us anytime.
Since 1985, Gregory and Sylvia Jerdan have operated the family business with a commitment to serve their community and surrounding area with dignity and respect. They plan to continue into the future as the "people you can rely on, both today and tomorrow".