Your loved one has passed away, and now it is time for you to start looking at funeral homes in Charleston, IL. With all the different choices in the market, between a cremation with a service or specific kinds of burial services, you want a facility you can count on. You want to come prepared with questions and answers for the facility to ensure you make the right choice for the service. Here are some questions to get started.
Questions for yourself
- It is good to go over these questions with anyone who may be doing you contribute or have wishes that need to be fulfilled in the service.
- Where is your service going to be? Do you want it in a funeral home, or will you hold it in a different location like a church?
- Where do you want the location to be? Do you want it to be easily accessible for yourself or others to visit?
- What does your budget look like?
- Will your loved one be cremated? And what will you do with the ashes? If choosing a burial, do you want a facility that has an onsite cemetery? Or perhaps you want to have a funeral.
- Are there going to be any cultural or religious processes that need to be completed at the service?
- How large of an event are you planning? And are you going to be offering a visitation or a viewing of the deceased?
- Is this going to be a significant function or a small one? So, do you need special equipment for things like music or a way to watch a video?
Once these questions are answered, you can start reaching out to local funeral homes to decide which facility is the best choice.
What to ask the Facility
You can start by making a list of the facilities you’re interested in, then give them each a call or schedule your time to visit the grounds.
- Does the facility have packages based on your needs?
- What are their fees?
- Is there a cash deposit required?
- What part of your request do they handle in the facility? Or do they need to outsource to get things completed?
- Do they accept outside purchases like caskets or urns?
- How much does their venue cost to rent?
- Do they have a crematorium, and do they allow witnesses for the cremation process? Or do they have a cemetery? And what are their requirements for the caskets or headstones?
Helping you with your Process
These are good starting questions to help you with your process when you are looking for funeral homes in Charleston, IL. Having a company that offers direct cremations, preplanning needs, and funeral services can make your experience more streamlined and less stressful.
Mitchell-Jerdan Funeral Home Ltd. has the compassionate care you need, combined with the expertise that only comes with time and experience. We can help make the process easier, so give us a call today.